Home windows 11 can run Android apps as in the event that they’re native PC software program, however solely a handful are formally supported on the time of this writing. Nonetheless, there’s a technique to sideload unsupported apps to Home windows 11, just like how one can set up third-party apps in your Android cellphone.
You’ll want a number of issues to tug this off. First, you’ll have to be within the Home windows 11 Insider Program and have the Home windows Subsystem for Android app put in. You will discover out extra details about becoming a member of the beta from Microsoft’s announcement blogpost.
Second, you’ll want to put in Android Debug Bridge (ADB) in your PC. We’ve a information for putting in ADB on Home windows 10, and the method carries over to Home windows 11.
Third, you want the APK information for the apps you wish to set up. You will discover these from trusted sources like APK Mirror, APKPure, F-Droid, Github, or the XDA Developer boards. Simply ensure you obtain authentic information (which means non-pirated) from web sites you recognize are secure. Bootleg APKs might be riddled with malware or hosted on unsafe domains, and downloading pirated software program is, y’know, unlawful.
Lastly, you might also have to sideload the MicroG APK to be able to use apps that test for Google Play Providers verification. MicroG is open-source software program that basically replicates Google’s companies so you should use apps on in any other case unsupported units. That is an optionally available step, and also you’ll have to put in MicroG utilizing the steps under, however it’s obligatory if you wish to run any Google apps or apps that rely upon Play Retailer verification.
With these prereqs out of the best way, let’s get these apps sideloaded. It might look difficult at first look, however it’s fairly fast to tug off as soon as you recognize the method.
- To start out, open the Home windows Subsystem for Android from the Home windows 11 Begin menu underneath the “All Apps” part.
- Within the Home windows Subsystem for Android setting window, discover and activate “Developer Mode.”
- Open the “Recordsdata” window on the prime of the settings menu to open Android in your PC.
- Again within the settings menu, scroll down and click on “Refresh” subsequent to the IP Tackle choice (it’s proper beneath the Developer mode toggle). As soon as the IP Tackle seems, click on “Copy.”
- Subsequent, open Home windows Terminal as an admin. Go to Begin Menu > All Apps. Hover your mouse cursor over “Home windows Terminal” then choose Extra > Run as administrator.
- Within the Home windows Terminal window, sort the command
adb join (IP handle)utilizing the IP handle from steps 4 and 5. It ought to appear like
adb join 118.104.22.168
- Press Enter to run the command. If all the things labored, it’s best to see “linked to [IP address].” We will now sideload APK information saved in your laptop to run on Home windows Subsystem for Android.
- Again within the Home windows Terminal window, sort the command
adb set upadopted by the folder pathway and filename in citation marks. For instance, the total command might appear like
adb set up “C:com.whatsapp_22.214.171.124-212115005_minAPI16(x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com”
- If all the things is right, you’ll see “Performing Streamed Set up” in Home windows Terminal as soon as the set up is began, and “Success” as soon as it’s full.
And that’s it. The app is now put in in your PC. Like different Android apps, you may run sideloaded apps from the Home windows 11 Begin Menu. They are going to be listed underneath “all apps.” Double click on to run the app and it’ll open in its personal app window.
If for some cause the app isn’t working, attempt putting in MicroG as advisable above. Or, you may attempt operating the app by an Android emulator on Home windows as an alternative.