iOS 15 expands on the beforehand obtainable “Announce Messages” and “Announce Calls” options with the flexibility to have Siri “Announce Notifications” from first- and third-party apps. The performance works with sure AirPods and Beats headphones in addition to CarPlay, and there’s additionally the flexibility to customise which apps can use the characteristic.
Simply Like Announce Messages and Calls, Announce Notifications on iPhone and iPad in iOS 15 means a extra seamless expertise to listen to and reply to alerts with out having to unlock your system or say “Hey Siri.”
Right here’s how Apple describes the brand new performance:
Have Siri learn out notifications with out having to unlock your iPhone when 2nd era AirPods and a few Beats headphones are related. Siri will keep away from interuppting you and can hear after studying notifications so you possibly can reply with out saying “Hey Siri.”
Whereas Apple is obscure on which Beats headphones work with the characteristic, 2nd and Third-gen AirPods, AirPods Professional, and AirPods Max are all appropriate with Announce Notifications (and Calls).
Easy methods to use Announce Notifications on iPhone with Siri in iOS 15
You may see the splash display immediate proven above to allow Announce Calls and Notifications if you first set up iOS 15. However if you happen to don’t flip it on if you see that, comply with the steps beneath to allow/disable and customise the characteristic:
- In iOS 15 on iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app
- Swipe down and faucet Siri & Search
- Within the high part select Announce Notifications (or Calls)
- Customise the options as you’d like
- You’re all set!
- Like in iOS 14, for Announce Calls in iOS 15 you possibly can select to make use of the characteristic for simply headphones, headphones and automobile, at all times, or by no means.
- For the brand new iOS 15 Announce Notifications, you should utilize it with simply headphones, CarPlay, or each.
- You too can toggle on/off “Reply With out Affirmation” and determine on a per-app foundation which of them can use the characteristic on the backside:
Announce Messages settings have been built-in into the Announce Notifications app part. However you can too get to them by way of Settings > Messages > Notifications.
You too can get to Announce Notifications from Settings > Notifications > Announce Notifications, and Announce Calls by way of Settings > Cellphone > Announce Calls.
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Take a look at 9to5Mac on YouTube for extra Apple information: